This course combines Science, Business and Information Technology to ensure that students who undertake it come out furnished with the necessary skills they will need to work in middle to senior management grades in clinical and hospital settings or physicians’ offices as Health Data & Information Managers, Bio Statisticians, Medical Informaticians, Data Quality Managers, Researchers, and Public Health Information Managers or Officers.
What we offer
As a student of BSc (Hons) in Health Information Management you will:
- Benefit from the holistic teaching approach that instills not just the knowledge but the practical skills that will be deployed throughout your career.
- Leverage on opportunities to learn directly from peers and professionals in the industry through exchange programmes, internships and industrial training placements.
- Graduate with an internationally recognized qualification from Botho University that will see you become a qualified and competitive professional in your respective industry.
Who is this course for?
Our BSc (Hons) in Health Information Management course is a great fit if you’re:
- Interested in working in a hospital or clinical setting, or a physician’s office.
- In possession of good research, data collection and analytical talents.
- In display of great creative, critical, logical and analytical thinking skills.
- Health Data & Information Management Officer/Manager
- Medical Informatician
- Data Quality Manager & Researcher
- Public Health Information Manager/Officer
- Inpatient and Outpatient HIM Coder & Coding Educator
- Director – Coding Operations Hospital
- HIM Analyst/Coder
- HIM Programme Director
- Medical Coding Manager
* Important note: The programmes offered in this website/advert are accredited by BQA and offered at Botho University at the time of publication. Please refer to your offer letter from our admissions department for any changes in programme name or duration that may be effected due to regulatory requirements.