Botho University Library strives to support teaching, learning, and research of the multi-disciplinary programmes offered by the University. We serve as an abode of knowledge, with the primary mission of supporting the teaching, learning, and research needs of the university by facilitating access to a broad range of information sources and resources.
To serve as an abode of knowledge, with the primary mission of supporting the teaching, learning, and research needs of the university by facilitating access to a broad range of information sources and resources.
Monday – Friday | 08:00 am – 19:00 pm
Saturday | 08:00 pm – 17:30 pm
Sunday/Public holiday | Closed
*Extended hours during examination periods: Botswana campuses only 08:00 am – 22:30 pm
Rules & Regulations
- Users are expected to present their valid Botho University ID for all services.
- Minimize noise.
- Library staff and security personnel have the right to inspect the library user and their belongings.
Food and beverages are not allowed inside the library.
- Bags are not allowed in the library: In cases where the library supports users by providing storage space, users have to take personal responsibility for their personal valuables. Although all possible security precautions will be taken, neither the library nor Botho University shall be held responsible for any lost valuables.
- The usage of mobile phones in the library is not allowed. Mobile phones should be put on silent and calls taken outside study areas.
- Computers in the library are to be used for educational purposes in line with the university computer policy.
- Viewing of objectionable, pornographic materials is not allowed.
- No materials may be removed from the library without following the loan procedure or the librarian’s permission.
An undergraduate can borrow a maximum of 4 books and return them after 21 days
A postgraduate can borrow a maximum of 8 books and return them after 30 days
A staff member can borrow a maximum of 8 books and return them after 30 days
- All items to be loaned, returned, or renewed must be presented to the circulation desk.
- Users must check the due date and condition of the book before leaving the counter.
- Users must return items in good condition on or before the due date.
- User privileges are not transferable.
- A user will be held responsible for all items taken out on his or her name.
- Renewal of loans is allowed only if the book is not overdue, in demand or reserved.
Overdues & Losses
- An overdue penalty fee of P1.00 will be charged for each item per working day.
- The user must notify the librarian immediately of any lost items.
- Users can request the library to purchase books not available in the collection. See the librarian and fill out a Library Items Requisition Form.