Health and Wellness Clinic
Botho University operates a fully-fledged and licensed clinic at its Gaborone campus. The Botho University Health clinic is accredited and licensed by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, Botswana and provides the following services:
- Consultation of students and staff by a licensed Nurse. The Health Clinic has a Health Services collaboration/partnership with Better Health Clinic, Botswana whereby there is a visiting doctor offering consultations on a weekly basis to students and staff.
- Facilitate emergency evacuation of patients by Medical Rescue (MRI)
- Facilitate First aid Training of staff by Medical Rescue (MRI)
- Health and Wellness activities for all students such as webinars, workshops and training with relevant licensed external providers.
- Offer immediate First Aid services to all students and staff on campus
- Oversees the Health and Safety of the campus community e.g. COVID-19 protocols as run by a fully trained Safety and Health officer (SHE).
- Offer monthly services for HIV/AIDS counselling and testing services
- Offer Sexual and reproductive services and other health services to staff and students (Sexual Transmitted Infections screening and Treating, Family Planning (FP) counselling and issuing of FP methods, Antenatal services, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), Health Education services) in partnership with different NGOs such as Tebelopele, Botswana Family Welfare Association (BOFWA) & ACHAP etc.
- Organize Blood donation campaigns by Botswana National Blood Transfusion Center
- Conduct regular Health & Wellness Campaigns such as Commemoration of Month of Youth against AIDs, Wellness Day and World Aids Day
- Provide health-related training, information and services as part of the Community Outreach programme.