NB: By using Botho University’s electronic media such as email, social media handles, website or any other virtual medium officially belonging to Botho University you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of any Personal Information we receive from you as a user of all/or one of the mediums mentioned in this document
“Personal data information” or “Data” means your personal identification information that you give us or we have collected.
1.0 Sources of Personal Data
We may collect your personal data through the following methods:
- Data collection forms, either in person via a tablet or on our website
- Via our social media pages, handles
- Over the telephone
- Via email
- Through our online chat function
- Client registration at a university event/stand
- From client business card when handed to university staff
- When passed from our representatives abroad
- When passed from our marketing agencies, call centers
- When passed on from client current school or college
- Via an interview, either telephonically or otherwise
- Information given to us directly by you
- A photo or film/video shoot
- Or any other medium that Botho University is officially attached to.
2.0 Type of Personal Data We May Collect
We may collect personally identifiable information about you, which may include Name, Contact information (such as address, phone number, email address, social handle, photographs, videos), Study preferences, including Programmes and level of interest, amongothers.
3.0 Possible Use of Information Collected
Data obtained from you is used primarily to provide a service or respond to an enquiry and will normally be used as follows;
- To send you any requested materials, such as a prospectus.
- To register you for an event and manage their booking.
- The production of statistics.
- Organising events and workshops, including registration in order to meet your needs at the event and communication about event.
- To analyse the impact of events/workshops on the promotion of further and higher education.
- Publication on the University’s website and associated sites
- Use in publications, both print and digital, e.g. the prospectus
- On the University’s social media channels, e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN, Mail Chimp etc.
- Use in press releases
- Use at promotional events
- Use in publicity videos, e.g. open days
- Use in publicity presentations
4.0 Whom Do we Share Client Personal Data With
Where necessary personal data may be maintained or shared with the following;
- Stored in our Customer Relationship Management System
- Student Information Management System and Its integrated systems
- Printing Houses
- Media Production Companies, used for filming and editing
- Graphic Design Agencies
- Web service providers
- Marketing consultants
5.0 Clients Rights
While your data is stored with us, you will have the following rights in respect of the same;
- Request access to, or copies of, the personal data by contacting us.
- Requesting for data to be updated from time to time- you can object to how we process your personal data.
- Request that personal data be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information.
- Request that processing of personal data be restricted in certain circumstances when
required by law.
- Request the transfer of personal data to another party.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but we acknowledge and appreciate that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable and efficient means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7.0 How long will your information be kept?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
9.0 Changes to this notice