The combination of practical and theoretical learning in the Degree programme ensures that graduates are well versed in knowledge, skills and competencies required in the hospitality industry characterised by continuous changes in technology and customer motivations. The course sets a firm foundation for those aspiring to establish careers or become entrepreneurs in the hospitality industry.
What we offer
Candidates who enrol on this programme can benefit from:
- A competency-based curriculum that places emphasis on the holistic acquisition of essential hands-on operations and management skills.
- State-of-the-art training labs equipped with contemporary point-of-sale and reservations systems for the hospitality industry
- Qualified and BQA-certified lecturers with vast experience
- Guest lectures by leading Hospitality experts
- A dual learning program that will expose them to industry-based learning.
- This qualification will give you a competitive edge,as there is still a limited number of hospitality personnel who have relevant qualification
- It has a great aspect of practice which increases the chances of being employed immediately after graduation
- Life-long experience that one can retire on
The career prospects for the Bachelor of Commerce in Hospitality Management include the following:
- Food and beverage service management
- Executive housekeeper
- Laundry management
- Attractions Management.
- Hotel and Resort Operations and Development.
- Event and banqueting Planning.
- Restaurant Manager
- Guest relations officer
- Front office manager
- Accommodation Manager
* Important note: The programmes offered in this website/advert are accredited by BQA and offered at Botho University at the time of publication. Please refer to your offer letter from our admissions department for any changes in programme name or duration that may be affected due to regulatory requirements.