The Botho Graduate Profile (BGP)
The Botho Graduate Profile (BGP) is the ultimate product we aim to produce. We recognize that the quality traits we want our graduates to possess cannot all be promoted from the classroom. Our students being young adults already have ingrained habits. To create a change in mindset and transform them to match this profile requires concerted efforts. The goal of the university is to create an institutional culture that encourages students to realize their full potential. Botho University offers student-centred teaching and learning where the onus is on students to take charge of their learning outcomes and the lecturer is a facilitator in the process. All curricular and extracurricular activities, including mandatory and voluntary internships, are built around the Botho Graduate employability profile, thus making students focus on their personal responsibilities to attain the following required attributes.
- Knowledgeable: Having expertise in at least one area, with a broad understanding of other disciplines.
- Hardworking: Motivated, result-driven and committed to delivering the highest quality of work both independently and in a team.
- Articulate: Able to communicate eloquently, effectively and appropriately to a given audience.
- Innovative & Entrepreneurial: Able to identify opportunities and take measured risks to develop new and improved ideas, processes and products that create value.
- Ethical: Having unquestionable integrity and accountability.
- Positive & Confident: Being friendly, optimistic and resilient, and having high self-esteem with an ability to make decisions.
- Collaborative: Considerate of and able to work and communicate effectively with teams of people from different social and cultural backgrounds.
- Critical thinking: Having the curiosity and open-mindedness to acquire new knowledge by analyzing, reflecting on and evaluating information.
- Socially responsible: Committed to bettering one’s own community and society at large
- Environmentally responsible: Committed to conserving resources and protecting the environment.